servicesingredient sourcing processing and contract manufacturing aseptic fruit bases research and development grower services private labeling safety & quality assurance food service solutions
Safety & Quality Assurance
SunOpta has integrated quality assurance systems to ensure high quality, safe products for our customers. We ensure the integrity of our system through:
- Quality Assurance staff assigned to all facilities
- Science-based validation of our processes and preventative controls
- Food safety system reviews by our quality teams, 3rd party agencies and regulatory authorities
- Customer audits of our food safety systems and facilities
- Comprehensive food product monitoring to specification and testing of incoming and finished products
- Food safety training of production personnel
- Integration of a risk-based supplier approval and management system
The SunOpta Ingredients Group Quality Management System has been developed to include food safety standards such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points, programs in sanitation, traceability and allergen control. These standards define our operating system and include management responsibilities, document control and record keeping. In addition, the program is aligned with international standards.
We have also established programs to address the handling and preservation of Identity Preserved, non-GMO and organic certified products. Our quality system encompasses all purchased and contracted material as well as in-process and finished materials used and produced at our facilities.
Our SunOpta Food Solutions Food Safety and Quality Assurance team conducts supply chain audits from farms to production facilities to verify that proper controls are in place.
Additionally, we conduct third party microbiological and pesticide sampling and testing on our organic retail consumer products to ensure they meet regulatory and company standards.